Sunday, March 1, 2009

Barking dogs what can I do

By Jack Pointer

If you are live near a barking dog, there are some things you can do to keep your neighborhood quiet.

Try contacting the dog owner and ask them to do something about the problem. Maybe the owner is not aware of the issue and will stop the barking right away.

If this does not work, then notify your local humane society. They will want the name and address of the pet owner, and probably your name and address too. It's also a good idea to keep track of when the dog is disturbing people.

Usually a letter from the humane society is sent to the dog owner, and usually this letter takes care of the barking problem.

Yet, if the dog continues to disrupt the peace, notify the humane society again. Usually a complaint will be issued and an officer will hand deliver it to the dog owner.

A complaint must be signed by persons representing households within a reasonable distance of the animal owner. If the owner still does not do something to stop the barking, he may have to appear in court.

Dont forget, if your dog is doing the barking; steer clear of any unpleasantness for your neighbors and yourself with some easy and sensible training for your dog.

In addition, if you are unlucky enough to be the neighbor of a barking dog, remember that you can do something about it. There ought to be a law, and there is!

About the Author:

No comments: